Alert : Javascript is disabled. To View this Website, Please Enable Your Browser's Javascript...

You are here

Permission for Procession.

procession image

“Procession is a group of people who are walking, riding, or driving in a line as part of a public event."

                  Different fairs and festivals are being celebrated in Odisha throughout the year. The big festivals attract huge gathering which arises law and order situations. Sometimes, on various Govt. decisions strikes and silent protest are called for. Prior to conduct procession, strike, meetings and protests prior permission is required from local Collector, District Ss.P. and police stations, who maintain law and order.


  • For Procession the applicant has to take permission of DCP/S.P of District.
  • The application is sent to the concerned P.Ss for verification.
  • On receipt of verification report both from the IIC of the concerned P.S. and the zonal ACP/ SDPO, the same is further scrutinized in the Office of DCP/S.P. before grant of license.

Commissionerate Police, BBSR-CTC, BBSR:-


                 A plain paper application or in a letter head may be applied to concerned DCsP containing following details:-

  • Full name and address, contact no ( telephone and cell phone) of the individual applying for the licence.
  • Date and time of the proposed procession.
  • The route which the procession proposes to take.
  • Approximate number of persons expected to take part in the said procession.
  • Approximate duration of the proposed procession.
  • Accompaniments like loudspeaker, music, band, dance troops, traditional equipment, religions symbols etc

             The application is sent to the concerned P.Ss for verification. On receipt of verification report both from the IIC of the concerned P.S. and the zonal ACP, the same is further scrutinized in the Office of DCP before grant of license or otherwise.


             The DCsP are authorized to grant licences for use of loud speakers in their respective jurisdiction. Licence for use of loud speakers is granted U/s 4 of Odisha Fire Works and Loud Speakers (Regulation) Act-1958.

The applicant should submit the following information:-

  • Full name and address, contact no( telephone and cell number) of the individual applying for license.
  • Date and time/duration/venue, when the loudspeaker is proposed to be used.
    • Instruction for Procession:-

      • The licence and the licensee shall remain with the procession throughout and the licence shall be produced on demand by a Police Officer of or above the rank of Havildar.
      • The date, time and route stated in the licence shall be strictly adhered to.
      • This licence does not permit playing of music or the performance of any act in such a manner as to amount to a public nuisance.
      • The procession shall proceed continuously at a reasonable pace from its starting point to its destination without stopping at place other than specified.
      • The procession will move in such a manner as not to interfere with the ordinary use of the street or highway by the public. It will keep to the left hand side of the road and cease playing music and making other loud noise when passing a hospital/school and when meeting or passing a restive animal either ridden or driven and on passing private house when it has been made know to the licensee that there is any person dangerously ill therein.
      • No fireworks shall be discharged on any public road, without proper license .
      • No ‘lathis’ or other dangerous weapons may be carried by anyone in the procession without obtaining special permission for the same thereof.
      • Restrictions on use of loudspeaker, music, dance troops, band traditional equipment etc., if imposed shall be followed.
      • Order of the Hon’ble High Court and the licencing authority specifically regarding decibel level of loudspeakers and use of firecrackers etc. shall be strictly complied.

      Online services through CCTNS:-

      The following online services of Odisha Police are being provided to the citizen for procession, Protest/strike. The applicant can apply for permission for procession, protest/strike and for loudspeaker one through Citizen Portal.

      The links are provided below :-

      Procession Procession Request.
      Protest/Strike Protest/Strike Request.
      Loudspeaker Request for LoudSpeaker.